Thursday, October 7, 2010

I am not a surgeon

I am not a surgeon. This is obvious. I'm a med student. But in the deeper aspect- I'm not cut out to be a surgeon. I dont have the talent, temperament or patience for that field, and this in pt surgery rotation is turning out to be some styles. See, it's not about what they do- I think the art of surgery is very cool. It's about the characters, and I'm really not liking the character's that I'm working with this month. This is a problem, because I need to become an active part of the team, and I need to suppress my dislike and disdain for the members of the team.

If I learn nothing at all during this rotation, I will learn that being a team player often means putting your thoughts and feelings aside and working with all sorts of people.

In the mean time, I need to keep doing the best I can and try to love all people. 1/2 way there.....

No comments:

Post a Comment